For more information, email email@example.com; call 913-735-6070; or go to http://changinglives.com/5405.html
Also, more photos are in my DomuSwap profile. Thanks.
This 6175+3792 square-foot, two-story colonial estate nestles on 11.7 acres adjacent to Corps of Engineers property on the south end of the 7000-acre Smithville Lake, just minutes from downtown Kansas City, Missouri. It enjoys a majestic country setting that abounds with deer, quail and wild turkey, yet it is within 20 to 25 minutes from downtown Kansas City and Chief's Stadium and within 15 minutes from KCI airport. It awaits a family or extended family that is nature or sports minded. The nearest boat ramp is a mere 1.5 minutes from the front door. Golfing, fishing, horse stables, water skiing, sailing, bike trails, picnicking, horseback riding, trap shooting, hiking, camping, cross-country skiing, outdoor photography, and nature studies are all just a few minutes away. Because of its country setting and lake access, this beautiful estate would also serve well as a beautiful bed and breakfast or corporate retreat.
Sellers recognize that buyers generally have wall paint and carpet color preferences and that the home needs some updates and minor repairs. Library window is currently single pane instead of double pane, and one exterior basement door needs replaced. As such, they are negotiable on paint, carpet, hardwood floor and appliance allowances. Aside from those items, this home sits on one of the most beautiful lots on the lake -- with easy access to boat ramps yet still close to downtown and KCI.
The Smithville Lake area also offers a top quality school district in Clay County, ranked as one of the top most livable counties in Missouri.
* Colonial architecture.
* Brick-lined porch framed by six white columns.
* Cut-glass oak front door.
* Large oak trimmed kitchen.
* Long island workstation.
* Walk-in pantry.
* Next to large oak-trimmed dining room.
* Located between the kitchen and garage with cabinets, sink and laundry chute.
* Additional laundry areas in the basement and garage.
* Window-lined located near the formal dining and great rooms.
* Vaulted ceiling adds spaciousness to the nine-foot ceilings throughout.
* Walk-out to large deck that spans nearly 100 feet.
* Curved staircase to the second floor from the foyer.
* Open floor plan: Spacious Living Room and window-lined Great Room.
* Floor-to-ceiling brick fireplace.
* Nine-foot ceilings.
* Oak trim and 6-panel doors throughout.
Library & Office
* Oak panel pocket door opens into two large rooms.
* Built-in oak bookshelves.
* Private bathroom for guests.
* 2 Office rooms open into a second foyer and entrance with stairs leading to the second floor and basement. These spacious rooms currently serve as home offices, but may be used as bedrooms.
* Four large bedrooms open from the gallery. Each bedroom offers large closets and panoramic views of nature.
* Three other rooms, including the spacious master suite, are down the hallways leading from the gallery.
* All three bathrooms on this floor are newly tiled.
* A staircase to the third floor opens into a large unfinished 700-square foot room.
* Offers several thousand feet of space and nine-foot ceilings.
* Partially-finished basement kitchen, bathrooms, and other rooms.
* 2x6 exterior walls for energy efficiency.
* Timberline roof.
* Large three-car garage,
* Wired for surround sound and intercom systems.
* Security system.
* 400 square-foot storm shelter/easy conversion to wine cellar.
* Central vac system installed (excludes cannister)
- Single Family
- Green Gables
- 2 Stories + Basement + 3rd Story (Used as Attic)
Home Square Feet
- 6,175 Home
- 3,792 Basement + Attic
Year Built 1997